Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Thursday, March 16, 2017

"Time Keeps on Slipping into the Future....."

As I sat to write this post, I glanced to look at the date of my last post - YIKES! It's been awhile. The lyrics of the Steve Miller Band song, "Fly Like and Eagle" sprang to mind. It seems the older I get, the faster time moves.....I don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm finding more and more things to do and just not enough time to do it all. How about you?

Jessie Mann taught me how to paint Limoges boxes many, many years ago. I was fortunate to have the pleasure of traveling to Jessie's home and experiencing her grace and graciousness. I will be forever grateful for her passion and willingness to share her talents.

I received the most wonderful surprise in the mail - a Limoges box and porcelain purse fob painted by Jessie.


Jessie - thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will treasure these always. If you want to see more of Jessie's painting, visit her website here.

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift for a beautiful lady , enjoy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful gifts! And so nice to hear from you. Hope you're enjoying the end of this odd Illinois winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts you received! I find that time flies by the older I get as well, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello. I do understand the time thing...I just can not keep track anymore. Your painting is beautiful and I treasure the needle box you sent to me.....your gift is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. Such a gorgeous gift you have received indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Those are so beautifully painted! I have same issue with time. Probably I am not satisfied with doing less and always look forward to achieve more and therefore feel the dearth of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful gift, Kim! I know just what you mean about time... I think part of the problem is that I'm just slowing down myself--it seems to to take me longer to do things these days. Even simple things like getting ready for work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous...you have some talented friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - what a blessing to receive those pretties! You deserve them, so enjoy them to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time does fly by, doesn't it? Lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful surprise!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kim, you're so right, time waits for no-one... we just have to make the best of every day

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! What a treat to have them come in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim: What a beautiful gift, you are a lucky lady.
    Time does fly by so fast I do wish it would slow down for a while.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so beautiful! Enjoy them, Kim :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Time does manage to slip away when you are busy.. Looking forward to reading more post. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Kim, how incredibly beautiful! Your friend is very talented and what a blessing to have such treasures.

    You have been on my heart so I thought I would pop in and say "Hello!" I trust you are well, dear friend. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete