Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

And Here I Thought I Was SOOOOOOO Organized....

OK - all these RAKs have proven to be challenging on many different levels. Don't get me wrong - I'm absolutely loving doing this and sharing with all my friends all over the world. Trying to keep everything organized - well - I < THOUGHT > I was so very organized:

I have one WORD document containing all the addresses of friends I'll be sending to. I have a second WORD document that has, in numerical order, the addresses of who I sent things to and what I sent to them. As I send things, I erase their names off the first document and place them on the second. Easy peasy, right? Not so much, as I found yesterday....

I received the nicest note from our sweet Jo of Serendipitous Stitching. She was over the moon because she received a surprise package from me.


Pencil tray in 24Kt gold, 18th Century European Design


Some extra goodies.....

Turns out, I had sent Jo an RAK already - #18, to be exact. Well, guess the SURPRISE was on me. HA! Since it's my party, I'm making the rules.....I'm still counting Jo's (second) RAK as one of the 60....so #36 goes to.....Jo - ENJOY!!

31 comments:

  1. oopsy daisy! Oh well. A very, very nice gift I know Jo appreciates. So pretty Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It couldn't have gone to a nicer choice. Lovely package!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely gift for Jo .
    If I don't write down and keep records I never know who I sent to , and still I get it wrong .Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kim, thank you for the chuckle! Lovely RAK that you sent off to Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful gift! Love that fabric... the colours are gorgeous. Jo's a lucky lady...twice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a pretty fabric :o Where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty pencil tray and extras! More's the better for Jo. And being 100% organized takes all the fun out of it anyway. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so funny! I couldn't believe my luck! The painting really is exquisite too. I'm counting it as a gift for MY special Birthday next month. And I'll be asking my relatives for a gold pen or propelling pencil to co-ordinate too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh dear ..lol but how fab for Jo... esppecially as she has her big birthday in September .... :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad I an not the only unorganized one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a special tray. Just beautiful.
    I'm sure Jo will treasure it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky Jo! She deserves to be spoiled. I never saw a prettier pencil tray!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes the best plans don't always work. I'm sure Jo will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so busy and productive I am surprised you have time to be organised. Lucky Jo to receive two lots of your beautiful gifts. Not so lucky for #60 on the list though. (Oh my goodness, hope it's not me)! I have been working on a couple of your belated birthday gifts today, you know I am not so productive as you though so no promises as to mailing dates but hopefully not too far in the distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky Jo, that's a fabulous RAK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely gift!! Your being unorganised is turning your friends lucky:) Jo is also having a milestone Birthday so that's just a bonus gift for her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These organizational mishaps only get worse, I'm afraid as you progress through this decade, wink. What a happy surprise for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been enjoying seeing all your beautiful pieces. I have gotten "over" organized myself sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is doubly blessed! What a special pencil tray you created, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I won't say that I laughed....why, no, I wouldn't do that. Welcome to MY world - organization left up to MA leaves a lot to be desired even at the best of times!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Easy peasy???? lol
    you know. Your castle your rules :D
    But if you want to send a second RAK to everybody............ :P
    Muxus

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoops! This is why I don't try to organize, la la la~ Lucky for Jo! That pencil tray is very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha! Best laid plans ....... etc.! Lucky for Jo though. Lovely pencil tray!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oops... but then again it is Jo's special birthday year this year so RAK #18 and then #36 works!! :o)
    Hgus xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful gifts you sent to Jo. She deserved some extra!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Could easily happen to me as well, lol. So it was a lovely surprise for Jo, and this second gift went to someone who deserves to be surprised a second time as Jo offers so many great blog hops to us bloggers.

    ReplyDelete