Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

LK Traveling Pattern Winner and Kokopelli Box

The winner of the LK traveling pattern is

Debbie from Debbie's Corner

I've emailed Debbie - the pattern will be off in the post tomorrow! CONGRATS, Debbie!!

My wonderful woodsmith (aka, DH), made this box featuring a Kokopelli design on the top for my dear cousin. She lives in Arizona and loves the southwestern area and its culture. The body of the box is made out of maple and the design is oak. It's roughly 4 inches in diameter and 3 inches tall.

If you're note familiar with the legend of Kokopelli, there's a good write up about him here. 



11 comments:

  1. Congrats to Debbie! What a wonderful box your hubby made...what a talent he has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooOoo! Your husbands talents truly shine here. Our son Emerson is enrolled in trade school for the fall. He is going to become a carpenter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that box. I stitched a Kokopelli for a friend of mine who was trying to start a family. She fell pregnant very soon after she received it! He is a wonderful fertility symbol. Either that or it was the jelly babies I sent along as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Kokopelli legend.... the box is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Did you marry him because of his wood work abilities? I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cngrats to Debbie , Lovely box .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim. Congrats to Debbie. I love the box too. Have a nice week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrat to Debbie, gorgeous box and I loved reading all about Kokopelli - fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting me know the legend of Kokopelli. The box is beautiful.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. How talented your husband is! That box is beautiful. Congratulations to Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work on the box and your hubby choose beautiful wood to work with. I love Maple :)

    ReplyDelete