Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I Love Strawberries!

I've always loved strawberries.  When I was small, Mom, Dad and I went on a vacation to Florida.  I baffled them both by eating only ham sandwiches and strawberry shortcake from Illinois to Florida and back.

I picked up this little cutie from Sweetheart Tree a couple of years ago and it's finally finished.  It measures 3x2.5 inches, 4.5x4 inches framed.
When I look at it, it reminds me how sweet strawberries taste and fills me with memories of laughter and love.

Keep yourself surrounded in stitches ~ Cheers ~

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes I can relate to this!
    We have a very large pick your own strawberry field, every year Han (my daughter) go and 'pick' strawberries... although we do sample some on the way! Such happy memories.
    Your strawberry stitch is very pretty and I love things we stitch that remind us of good times.
    Smiles to you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! SI am glad it makes you so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely stitch! I love strawberries too! Can't wait for strawberry season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...homegrown strawberries are the best!!! Love your little strawberry stitch, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute! Congrats on the new finish :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty stitch and a funny story to go with it! It's a shame we can now get strawberries all year round in the supermarket as they are nowhere near as nice as the local fresh ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberries!! My favourite fruit along with apricot!!
    I could eat them till I burst :D
    What a lovely sweet finish - As ALWAYS!! -
    Looks fantastic, well done sweetie
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful project! I love strawberries too : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Une trés fine broderie dans ce cadre magnifique!!!!!! qui n'aime pas les fraises,j'adore avec de la créme.
    Bravo ,une trés belle finition.

    ReplyDelete